Improved rope life = less down time = greater profit!
When it comes to heavy industry, we all know that downtime costs. And the longer the downtime, the greater the dollars!
With 2-3 times the expected life of many OEM or aftermarket ropes, Unilift’s machine-specific rope sets all feature special wire ropes from Diepa or Unilift’s UX, UB or UL wire rope range, combined with the best quality terminations from companies such as GreenPin®, Gunnebo® or GN Rope Fittings®, all tested, certified, traceable and delivered directly to your site. No more hunting around for specifications or measurements - simply order a set for your rig and let us handle the rest.
Unilift UX or UL Series non-rotation resistant ropes
Our plastic-cored special wire ropes are optimised for various pull-back, pull-down and crowd rope applications. Our 8- and 10-strand ropes offer high longevity and best durability against bending fatigue. These advantages are based on parallel lay strands combined with well-engineered rope design. Suitable for both single- and multi-layer applications.
Unilift UB Series rotation resistant ropes
Our special wire ropes optimised for hoist and winch haulage applications, these rotation resistant rope series offer excellent non-spin characteristics, with the combination of a compact rope structure and rugged outer strands making them most suitable for multi-layer coiling. Intensive impregnation of all rope components with lubricant during manufacture serves to inhibit the on-set of internal corrosion, something especially important for a prolonged service life.
Unilift® Special Rope Range
To best complement our special wire ropes, Unilift carries a complete range of quality terminations including HD and solid thimbles, spelter & swaged sockets, closed sockets, threaded studs and termination buttons, as well as cotter and screw-lock pins.
Manufacture, Traceability & Certification
Every rope manufactured by Unilift is subject to strict quality processes in our testing and inspection department. All rope assemblies have endured rope-conditioning & proof-load testing and are delivered tension-free and pre-lubricated. In line with the ever increasing emphasis on safety, all our ropes are not only supplied with full written certification, but are either hard stamped or fitted with an ID tag, making future traceability & certification a breeze.
Unilift® Franna® Crane Rope sets
Working closely with mining, drilling and crane companies, Unilift consistently provide a range of improved solutions where OEM or cheaper wire ropes sets are failing to reach their expected service life. Unilift® franna crane ropes feature:
- fully lubricated, high-quality crane rope
- correctly-wound, tension-free spooling
- quality components & precision manufacture
- tested, I.D. stamped and certified in-house making traceability & certification a breeze
Unilift® hold in stock a wide range of typical Franna® crane rope sets ready for rapid dispatch, so you'll not be left in the lurch.
UNILIFT® PREMIUM UX DRILL LINE
Unilift’s UX Drill Line is a tailor-made wire rope construction manufactured for the Oil and Gas drilling industry. Extensive trials have proven the UX Drill Line to achieve superior service life to conventional drilling line. Results vary from 200-350% additional service life, depending on the cut-off program chosen by the contractor. The service life of Unilift UX Drill Line will be increased dramatically by following the discard and evaluation criteria outlined in API 9A.
- Superior quality drill line
- Increased cut curve
- Reduce sheave wear
- Proven to outlast conventional drill lines by 250-300%
- 75% increased rope life through extended slip & cut program
- Less down-time = greater savings!
Available UNILIFT® Premium Drill Line:
|* Metric sizes available|
UNILIFT® PREMIUM UX DRILL LINE
Complete Drill Rig Rope Sets
Rather than chasing individual ropes, why not make the most of our complete rope packages? Correctly sized, manufactured, tested & certified — then boxed up & delivered directly to your site. We supply complete drill rig ropes sets for all the major brands — and for any others please just call!
- Atlas Copco / Epiroc
- Boart Longyear
- IHC Fundex Equipment
- Rig Source
- McCulloch Drill Rigs
- Mole Pioneer
- Versa Drill
- Evolution Drill Rigs
- Nippon Sharyo
The Unilift Special Rope range caters for a wide range of specialised applications including:
- CRANES - tower cranes, Franna cranes, crawler cranes, mobile harbour cranes, port cranes, container handling cranes, offshore cranes, overhead gantrys & hoists and winches
- OPEN CUT MINING - draglines, electric rope shovels and conveyor haulage
- UNDERGROUND MINING - shaft mining, drift haulage and winches
- DRILLING - drill & blast rigs, exploration rigs, foundation & piling and offshore & land based oil & gas rigs
- MARINE - towing, mooring, dredging and punts
- STRUCTURAL - suspension bridges, cable stayed bridges, guying, telecommunications and masts.
- CABLE WAYS - skiift, chairlift, gondola, cablecar and aerial material transportation