Protecting your valuable staff & equipment
The prevention of accidents is a top priority in every reponsible workplace. Injuries to staff, damage to equipment and unecessary down-time are all the undesirable consequence of poor maintenance or inadequate resource protection. By using high quality protection deveices such as whip-checks or cable support, the possibility of these events occuring is great minimised.
Whip-checks are a cable & hose retention system designed to protect operators from injury (or even death) and damage to equipment should a tensioned cable or high-pressure hose accidentally become disconnected during use. Rather than whipping around in an uncontrolled fashion, the whip-check grips & limits the available movement of the loose end until the fault can be rectified. Unilift whip-checks can be manufactured in a range of sizes and ratings. Please contact us for further information.
For the ultimate in support & protection for hoses & electrical cables, we also carry a full range of single & double ended cable stockings in both single and double-eyed arrangements and in a wide range of sizes.
Unilift whip-checks and cable stockings are ideal for a wide range of specialised applications in the following industries:
- CRANES - tower cranes, Franna cranes, crawler cranes, mobile harbour cranes, port cranes, container handling cranes, offshore cranes, overhead gantrys & hoists and winches
- OPEN CUT MINING - draglines, electric rope shovels and conveyor haulage
- UNDERGROUND MINING - shaft mining, drift haulage and winches
- DRILLING - drill & blast rigs, exploration rigs, foundation & piling and offshore & land based oil & gas rigs
- MARINE - towing, mooring, dredging and punts
- STRUCTURAL - suspension bridges, cable stayed bridges, guying, telecommunications and masts.
- CABLE WAYS - skiift, chairlift, gondola, cablecar and aerial material transportation